The Mural & The Maker Promo Materials
Please do not link directly to this page. For the book, link to nataliefalls.com/books. This page has information and resources to get you started sharing about the book. Thanks for your help getting the word out!
The Mural & The Maker is available in print (directly from nataliefalls.com only), on iBooks (for anyone using an iPad/iPhone), as a .pdf (for any other devices), and on Kindle. We have not found a way to make the Kindle version free, and it does not have the photos in it, so we are not emphasizing the Kindle version.
- Instagram: Post the square photo using the instructions below (under "Instagram post")
- Twitter: Click on the button below to tweet it
If you're writing your own tweet, use hashtag #themuralandthemaker and mention @nat_falls. Include link to nataliefalls.com/books if you have room.
- Facebook: use hashtag #themuralandthemaker, mention Natalie Falls
- Pinterest: Pin the cover image from nataliefalls.com/books (put your mouse over it or tap on it, then click/tap the Pin It button in the upper left).
Website badge (embed code)
Copy and paste the code below to include the badge that links to the book page:
Here is a summary of the book that we recommend: "That moment when you decide, I'm going to be a writer, and all the memories you don't really want to remember flood your mind. But you need the flood because you will come out of it a different person. For three years I have been writing bittersweet vignettes of motherhood. Times of devastation, like when I found out my son had Down syndrome. Or that time I knelt on the bathroom floor and cried in agony as I said goodbye to another unborn baby. The days of joy as I found humor from my children. The unexplainable moment when I delivered my daughter in the shower. It's all here. I am learning to trust in the brush strokes of the Maker. When parts of the painting look awkward, I have to remember that there is a bigger picture. I ask him to help me find beauty in what I don't understand."
If you would like to include a quote from the book, here are some good ones to start with:
- "The day we wept for our lost plans was the day our lives became more complete. The loss we felt in the pit of our stomach was actually breathtaking beauty in disguise. I am grateful for the heartache we went through because it has changed my perspective on life. I want to love the unloved. I want to find joy when it seems so difficult to find. I want to speak of hope when everything feels hopeless."—Natalie Falls, The Mural & The Maker
- "Although today might be difficult, and I feel like there is nothing more than what's in front of me, I remember that there is a bigger picture. There is a painting, a mural that only covers a corner of the wall. Some parts of the painting seem a little awkward and hard to understand, but I trust the Maker. I ask Him to help me find beauty in what I don't understand."—Natalie Falls, The Mural & The Maker
Please use these images when posting about the book:
Post the square photo below (on the iPhone, tap on it and hold until you see a a menu pop up, then tap "Save Image". Open instagram and it will be the first photo in your Camera Roll). Or, post a photo of you reading it (bonus points if you can see the cover art!). Hashtag #themuralandthemaker and mention @natfalls.
Official cover image
Feel free to use this in blog posts or emails. For posting on Instagram, use the Instagram image above. If you need a higher-resolution version of the cover image, please write an email (using the contact form at the top of this page).
Feel free to include this shot in blog posts etc.